Monday, April 11, 2011

Poetry

April is National Poetry Month. Did y'all know that? In honor of this grand month I thought I would start speaking my mind a little more... or at least not edit myself so dang much and try free writing more often. So much has happened already in the few months we've been in 2011. Good friends have greatly encouraged me this year to stop holding myself back. They have told me that I am a good with words/writing or that they value what I have to say ... so i'm slowly starting to believe them. I'm going to try posting more things that interest me and write more too. For right now though here are some poems i've compiled over the last few months... Enjoy!


glitter

shiny metal bits
spreads like a deadly outbreak
grenade of all crafts


momentos

rhyme with no reason
the things we carry with us
an unending dance


chicago fog

pure white light soft cloud
slowly swallows skyscrapers
expand and digest


free beat

I want to be a beat poet

cause

baby! i want to feel

not fear these big feelings

and allow myself to live

freely

plus I like listening to conversations out of

context like

"yeah pirate stories and puppies"



heavy heart


What do I do with you?

What do I do with a heart so true?

I swear its like the size of a watermelon at least! and thats on a bad day.

You just handed it over. (Just like that.)

and I'm so scared to drop it for fear of smashing or marring its beautiful structure.

Babe its getting heavy and my arms are weak.

What if they give way?

What if it's not supposed to work this way?

What will we do then?



complementary my dear watson

I view the world in complementarys

vivacious oranges and soulful blues

tungsten bright bulbs and deep night hues



inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment